Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Media Profile
After I got done doing this media diet I learned a lot of things about myself and the way society works today. The whole world pretty much relies on media now a days. If its not heard from tv or the computer and other technology , in some places like a third world country it may be heard over radio, media still got to them either way. The media that is the most important to me in my life has to be the computer. It is a big tool to everything that I do. Without a computer I would never be able to do half of the things I do, for example write this post in my blog. I need the computer to download music to put on my Ipod and enjoy music which is another great media I can't live without. Music tends to structure all that I do in my life. I sit down to work on some school work and listen to some music. It also comes in hand when driving to the store, or a friends house, it really makes driving 10% better haha. I expect media to bring me what I want. I mean it may sound a bit demanding but the consumer is always right in this case. If we did not purchase their songs, watch TV, watch YouTube clips filled with advertisements, listen to the radio, the media wouldn't be here. So it is whatever we want the big company's, small bands, popular artists will put out the media that we want, it ranges from so many things. The good thing is that people tend to like the same things, and catch on through the media about the stuff they might like. The stuff people put out there for entertainment isn't for everybody its just for the audience they put it out there for. When I want my media I'll just hop on the computer and go to good ol'google to search up what I need. I'd say 99% of the time whatever im lookin for and want is already there I just need to put the effort in and go find it. I really appreciate the website google, it's really amazing because you're able to search through the whole internet and find what you want. Imagine life without google? or internet without google, that would be the hardest thing EVER to navigate through! C'mon try finding all of those pictures by typing in somebody's URL link. Facebook has become more popluar than ever in the past few years. It's really grown on America and the world. I remember when Myspace was the cool thing to do, and Facebook wasn't so popular. I tend to be on Facebook whenever I'm watching TV or movies, and both of those combined is about 12 hours a week. Another thing I do alot more than watch TV or movies and even Facebook is listen to music. I spent a shocking 17 hours last week listening to music, Really? I never noticed it's that much of my life, but it's just such a habbit I don't notice it anymore. It's kind of just in the background of what ever im doing. With that being this is what I think about the media we have available to us today, The world revolves around meida, but really the Media is just revolving around us (the consumers).

No comments:

Post a Comment